Friday, February 19, 2010

Pitchers and catchers report - the start of Spring Training!

This is a magical time of year! My only regret is that I am not in Arizona with the Rangers. Maybe next year!

I am more pumped for this season than I have been in years. New ownership, key additions (Vlad, Harden, Oliver, Ray, etc.), emerging youth, solid veteran leadership. This is the time of year when everyone thinks that their team will win, and that is how it should be.

There are concerns, but I am extremely optimistic. CJ strikes again. Just when I think that he may be growing up, he opens his mouth and sounds like a spoiled kid. Nolan is giving him a chance, so let's see what kind of year he has. Personally, I think this will be his last year in Texas.

And it is time for Salty to put up or shut up. Coming into camp 10 pounds overweight? A bad shoulder is no excuse for letting yourself get out of shape. That just makes me wonder where his head is.

Now, Harrison has the right idea! He knows that he has to prove himself and he started by getting into great shape. He lost 30 pounds? Wow! And he had TOS surgery, too.

Health will be (as it always is) one of the biggest issues. Especially Vlad, Harden and Josh. If they are healthy, watch out!

Bernard and I are excited and ready for the season to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment